Barcode Scanner compatible with QuickBooks enterprise? Barcoding with QB.
Barcode Scanner compatible with QuickBooks enterprise
Since QuickBooks has always tried to make the life of small business easy, thus they have even come out with POS hardware solutions. With the help of these little devices you can track your physical inventory with just a simple scan. If you don’t know which scanner to buy then today we will talk about Barcode Scanner compatible with QuickBooks enterprise.
What is Barcode Scanner?
Specifically used in the retail sector a barcode scanner is an optical device that is used to read a series of coded lines that is an identification mark to the product. The series of lines come out in different standard formats that are read and interpreted by a barcode scanner. After reading the scanner converts the product information into a usable format. (Like the product information is entered on an item receipt). The barcode scanner is easily compatible with Enterprise version of QuickBooks application. The QB Enterprise comprise of the exceptional “Advanced Inventory” feature. Barcode scanner helps in providing the details of the particular product in the stock.
The important benefit of barcode scanner is that plenty of information can be coded into a very small space. Barcodes are of many sizes and types. Every barcodes has a different formula for the layout of the lines and spaces related to the international standards that find out the barcode pattern that a scanner can easily read. Bar coding is a feasible feature with QuickBooks Enterprise version for those who have subscribed the advanced inventory feature. Bar coding is restricted in the other two versions – QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier.
To turn on bar coding in QuickBooks follow the simple steps:
- Edit -> Preferences -> Items & Inventory -> Company Preferences
- Click on the Advanced Inventory Settings button
- Click on the Barcodes tab
- Select Enable Bar Code Scanning
- Open the Barcode Wizard
- If you currently do not track barcodes in QuickBooks. This is the default setting.
- Click Next
- Create only barcodes for Inventory Items. So you merely check the appropriate box.
- Click Finish and QuickBooks will create the barcodes for you.
- In case you go to Item List you can view that QuickBooks has created barcodes for the Inventory Items you selected earlier.
- Import barcodes by choosing Item List -> Click on the Item drop-down list -> Click on Add/Edit Multiple Items
- Grid spreadsheet type grid will be displayed. Edit the Barcode field as you wish.
- There are different ways to print the barcode labels
- Click File -> Print Forms -> Labels
- Select the Item Barcodes Radio Button and then select All Inventory Items from the menu.
There are certain things that affect the barcode reading like: the size of the lines and spaces of the barcode image, edges of the lines are sharp or smudged, the surface the scanner is reading is flat, curved, or uneven or if a scanner is crafted to read the particular size of the barcode. QuickBooks Enterprise version uses laser barcode scanners that read typical barcodes.
Quick Response Code (QR Code) is not similar to the barcode. The QR Code is not supported by QuickBooks Desktop.
For Configuration or Print Barcodes
- Set barcode scanning
- Use barcodes
- Print barcodes
Hope you know have much clear picture over Barcode Scanner compatible with QuickBooks enterprise. But if you still demand more info then connect with QuickBooks customer support phone number through phone, email or chat.
Also you can connect with other QuickBooks support agencies like MyQBPOS.com that is one of the reliable QuickBooks agencies. It has an in-house team of experienced and qualified QuickBooks professionals who promptly handle error resolutions and support. Call Quickbooks POS Tech Support Number at 1-855-924-9496 and garner excellent support.