Learn How to Resolve QuickBooks POS Error 193:
Employing the QuickBooks Point of Sale system helps the businesses to hasten their daily operations like tracking inventory, sales and customers effectively. The software is available in two versions: the Basic and the Pro. QuickBooks Point of Sale follows the entire customer information and is embedded with rich features to encourage repeat sales. The features help to track purchases to get an idea about the brands and products that further needs to be ordered. There are unexpected scenarios when the software encounters certain errors that end up with affecting the work process.
QuickBooks POS Error Code 193 is one such error that occurs when you try to send a mailbag from headquarters to a remote store or try to receive a mailbag at the remote store. When this error occurs it displays an error message: “Error – 193 Primary key for dept keywords is not unique”.
Why Does this POS Error Occur?
- Presence of duplicate department names or codes
- Deletion or merger of the customer names
- Damaged/corrupt .qbt files
Resolution of QuickBooks POS Error 193
Intuit has recommended these three solutions to resolve the error. For better results you need to follow the resolutions in the given sequence.
Method 1: Update All the POS Work Areas to the Latest Release
- Go to Point of Sale
- Click Help -> Software updates -> Check for Updates.
- Retry store exchange
Method 2: Delete the List Comprising Errors
For Remote Store send a mailbag to Headquarters and then receive it.
- Go to Customers -> Customer List.
- Click one customer name at a time.
- Choose Delete until the list is empty.
In case you need to click many customers in one time then:
For versions 10 and 12:
- In the customer list click the first customer
- Press the Shift key and then
- Click the last customer in the list.
Press the CTRL + A keys to select all
And for Headquarters
- Choose File -> Utilities -> Resend files.
- Click Resend.
- Receive the resend mailbag at the remote store.
Solution 3: Delete all .QBT files from both Headquarters and Remote Stores and Create a New Remote File
Delete all .QBT files
At Default Location
- Go to: C:/Program Data / Intuit /QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x / STex
- Check each folder and delete all .qbt files found.
At Alternate location
- Search for files using the file name *.qbt.
- Right-click any *.qbt files found, choose Delete and confirm the deletion.
- Close the Search Results screen and empty the Recycle Bin.
Create a New Remote File
- Choose File -> Company Operations -> Create a new Company.
- Mention the Company Name -> Choose Remote Store number -> Type the store number.
- Send the mailbag from the Headquarters to the Remote Store once again.
Get instant QB Expert’s assistance and support to resolve any POS error or issues:
In case the error code 193 persists after following the above recommended solutions you need to connect with QuickBooks customer support. The expert QuickBooks professionals will provide you effective solutions to fix the issues. They are approachable also via email or live chat.
Else you can choose myqbpos.com that is one of the top preferred QuickBooks consulting agencies hiring the experienced QB ProAdvisors. They assure you complete error resolution in the shortest wait time. Call the toll free number +1-800-274-4168 to connect with the support team and fetch number one error resolution services.
Not getting proper solutions or facing issues while resolving or confused how to resolve or not getting the error code or issues you are looking for??
Do not worry about just give our experts a “feedback” of your issues or error code which solutions you are not getting from here, and our Experts will contact you as soon as possible and they will assist you to resolve the error or issues instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS with an ease. So hurry now and contact QuickBooks POS expert team to get your error or issues resolved.