Resolve QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Code 1706 with Great Ease
Intuit® defines QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Code 1706 as a result of receiving an error from Microsoft Windows relating to an attempted installation from removable media such as a CD or DVD. The error code indicates that there is some problem in Point of Sale installation. When the user turns on the computer to start the POS installer the error occurs giving an error message: “No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale”. When the error occurs it affects the work flow and resolved instantly.
Possible Reason for the POS error code 1706
- The installation of Point of Sale software is corrupt or damaged.
- Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the computer
- Microsoft .NET Framework improperly installed
How to Resolve this Error?
- Prior attempting to resolve the issue ensure that you have created a restore point in Windows. For fixing this you need to consult the Windows documentation.
- You need a Point of Sale installation CD.
- Download, install and run the Microsoft Fixit/System File Checker tool
Download and System File Checker tool (SFC) and install it by using the /scan now option. This will try to repair all Windows operating system files comprising of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Reinstall the Point of Sale software
You may have to perform uninstall and reinstall again the Point of Sale to resolve these errors.
- Check the latest product release and update your program
- Select the Product updates page
- Ensure Point of Sale is selected as your product.
- Carefully go through the instructions to install the manual updates.
- Need of system reboot later
This error has been reported by the users who have recently updated to Windows 10. The error indicates that the entries made by the Point of Sale into the windows registry have been overwritten or changed. To fix the issue reinstalling the software is recommended as the entries are entered again into Windows.
Dial QB Certified Technicians for instant Help on QB POS errors or Issues:
If the above steps recommended by Intuit is not working properly and the error persists you can report the issue to QuickBooks customer support by connecting with the toll free support phone number, email support or live chat option. If you fail to connect with them you can choose www.myqbpos.com. It is one of the best QuickBooks Consulting Company that roofs highly capable QB professionals, who offer instant resolution in the minimum wait time. Call the toll free phone number +1-855-924-9496 and garner the best POS services.
Not getting proper solutions or facing issues while resolving or confused how to resolve or not getting the error code or issues you are looking for??
Do not worry about just give our experts a feedback of your issues or error code which solutions you are not getting from here, and our Experts will contact you as soon as possible and they will assist you to resolve the error or issues instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS with an ease. So hurry now and contact the expert team to get your error or issues resolved.