How to Fix Point of Sale Licensing Error?
QuickBooks licensing error indicates that the number of users permitted to access the POS application has exceeded and this is the reason why you encounter the error when you start QBPOS for your desktop. When the licensing error occurs you will get an error message saying: “You have exceeded the maximum number of users who can access the company at one time”.
Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error
- The numbers of workstations are opened more considering the licenses purchased.
- Workstation demands rebooted as a log file gets stuck.
- Damaged file used for verification of licenses.
- Corrupt/Damaged QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop installation.
- Firewall blockage or security software blockage at client workstation from the server.
How to Resolve the Licensing Error?
Intuit recommends certain solutions to resolve his issue. It is advisable to follow the resolution steps in the sequence so that the problem is identified and resolved completely.
Step 1: Check the total licenses users and sync license data online
- Go to help -> control my license -> Integrate license data online -> Click ok.
- Go to help -> control my license -> purchase license for extra order
- Confirm the number of licensed users
Step 2: Shut Down all Workstations
- Shut down QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop by: Go to File -> Exit
- Following the above step fails to free up the licenses then reboot all workstations. It is essential to reboot. Rebooting all workstations fails to resolve the issue then move to next step.
Solution 3: Clear the contents of the Entitlement Data folder
- Go to QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop servers -> Click on Start -> choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on Organize -> choose Folder and Search Options.
- Pop /Click the View -> Choose Show hidden files and folders -> clear the checkbox for Hide system operating files.
- Click Yes -> click OK.
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\XX (where XX refers to the highest number version you see)
- Press CTRL + A + Delete -> click Yes on the pop-up message.
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop and complete the registration process again.
- In case the error is not resolved move to the other step.
Solution 4: Rename the WSActivity file
- Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Click WSActivity -> Select Rename.
- Enter OLDWSActivity -> click anywhere -> Save
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop, If you still see the error, try Solution 5
Solution 5: Set internet security & third-party firewalls to allow Access
- POS firewall configuration files, ports, and paths
- Troubleshoot connectivity tool.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks POS for Desktop
- Reinstall QuickBooks POS application for Desktop on the server computer.
- Update to the most current release.
- Go to Help in POS software -> Handle my license -> Sync license data online -> Click OK.
- Select Help -> Control my license > Buy additional user license.
- Find out the number of Licensed Users and verify its authenticity.
Get QuickBooks POS Experts Support on Dial their 1800 toll-free number:
In case the above steps recommended by Intuit don’t work, attempt uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop on the client workstations. Also you can approach QuickBooks customer support number for assistance.
You can also choose myqbpos.com that is a reliable QuickBooks agency housing QuickBooks experts. Call to the toll free number +1-855-924-9496 to connect with the competent team who assure first call resolution.
Not getting proper solutions or facing issues while resolving or confused how to resolve or not getting the error code or issues you are looking for??
Do not worry about just give our experts a “feedback” of your issues or error code which solutions you are not getting from here, and our Experts will contact you as soon as possible and they will assist you to resolve the error or issues instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS with an ease. So hurry now and contact the expert team to get your error or issues resolved.