How to Resolve QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Checking License
Point of Sale is straight forward software that is specially designed for the small and medium sized retail businesses. The software helps in tracking sales, escalating profits and saves time. But there are times when QB POS encounters errors. One of the common problems that the user faces is error in checking license. When this error occurs it restricts the user to access the software and work flow is hindered.
When QuickBooks Point of Sale application encounters this problem you need to close the software. When your client workstation tries to connect to the server, or when you attempt to open the server, you will encounter the error message: “The software has encountered a problem and needs to close”.
Possible Reasons for the Error Occurrence
- Mismatch in the system requirements to run Point of Sale system
- Server used to connect by the user is damaged
- Client workstation unable to find the server on the network
- Tight Windows security
- Installation damage in the Point of Sale installation application
How to Resolve the Error?
Ensure few things before following the solutions recommended by Intuit.
Rebooting the system usually resolves the many connection issues between workstations. You will have to restart client and server workstations before proceeding. Verify the correct system requirements for Point of Sale system requirements. Follow the solutions in the sequence for resolving the error.
Solution 1: Rename the WS Activity file
It shows the hidden files and folders on your computer:
- Click Windows Start button -> Choose Open Windows Explorer
- Choose Organize -> Select Folder and Search Options
- Click the View tab -> Select Show hidden files and folders -> Click to clear the Hide protected operating files checkbox
- Click yes on the warning -> Click OK
- Click Computer on the left window and follow the path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini\.( win7 C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale vXX\Ini)
- Click WSActivity -> Choose Rename
- Type OLDWSActivity -> Click to save the change.
- Close the window -> Open Point of Sale
Solution 2: Remove the contents of the Entitlement Client folder:
- Click the Windows Start button -> Select Open Windows Explorer
- Choose Organize -> Select Folder -> Search Options
- Click the View tab -> Select Show hidden files and folders
- Delete the checkbox to Hide protected system operating files
- Click Yes on the warning -> Click OK
- Search by following the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- To find out -> click the arrow symbol next to each folder listed
- Click the first file in this folder -> Select Delete -> Click Yes
- Repeat for each additional file in the v6.0 folder
- Start Point of Sale again and complete the registration process again
Solution 3: Verify Windows User Account Control settings
The User Account Control feature safeguards the automatic installation of programs and unexpected changes to settings. If you disable UAC it might create a security risk on your computer. To access UAC settings:
- Go to Windows Start -> type User Accounts
- Click Change User Account Control settings
Solution 4: Uninstall Point of Sale program, Rename the entitlement client folder, and finally Reinstall Point of Sale.
- Uninstall Point of Sale.
- Rename the entitlement client folder.
- Reinstall Point of Sale.
The last solution recommended by Intuit is to edit the host file to directly to the client work area to the server manually. You can follow it if you fail to resolve with the above solutions. This solution involves technical steps. You can connect with a technical expert prior attempting the steps. Note down the computer name and IP address of the server work area.
Contact QuickBooks POS Experts for instant Help and Solutions
In case the error still persists you can contact QuickBooks customer support by calling to the toll free phone number. You can also approach the team via email support or online chat. The support team promptly handles the issues and accords solutions instantly. Alternatively you can call to myqbpos.com. It roofs highly qualified QuickBooks professionals who cater the best support solutions for QuickBooks POS software. Call to the toll free phone number +1-855-924-9496 and garner the POS software services.
Not getting proper solutions or facing issues while resolving or confused how to resolve or not getting the error code or issues you are looking for??
Do not worry about just give our experts a “feedback” of your issues or error code which solutions you are not getting from here, and our Experts will contact you as soon as possible and they will assist you to resolve the error or issues instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS with an ease. So hurry now and contact QuickBooks POS expert team to get your error or issues resolved.