QuickBooks Messenger: How to disable it from QuickBooks POS.
QuickBooks Messenger: How to turn it off?
Are you looking for support to somehow turn off the QuickBooks Messenger feature from your QuickBooks financial data management software? Or do you want to disable the QuickBooks Messenger feature? Look no further; you have come to the right place. In this article, we will give you detailed instructions on how to disable or activate QuickBooks Messenger feature.
There is no doubt in the fact that QuickBooks is one of the best financial data management software. One feature that makes this software all the more special and unique is its Messenger. QuickBooks Messenger primarily enables communication between QuickBooks users n the Multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Messenger: How to use it?
However, before moving further or to the technical part lets first discuss QuickBooks Multimedia feature in detail so that you can get the best from your QuickBooks data management software.
- Opening QuickBooks Messenger: in the multi-user mode, there is a QuickBooks Messenger icon (generally situated in the bottom right corner of your screen). It gets automatically started as you log in to your system. In order to launch the messenger, all you have to do is double-click on it.
- Communicating with other users: as you get a notification that a user has logged in the company file, you just have to click on Chat on the notification window in order to start a conversation with that particular user. All you have to do is, right-click on the QuickBooks messenger icon that is on the bottom right corner of your system tray. Choose chat in order to begin a conversation with the user.
- If you are the admin user, you can also hit with all the users who are logged in the company file. To begin chatting with other users, just clicking on the Actions drop-down arrow and choosing to Send Message to Logged in Users.
- However, you cannot see the log of Messenger conversations between users.
- Available Status: At the time, you might want to show other QuickBooks users your current status as busy, available or away. As you want, you can change the status of your Messenger simply by clicking on the drop-down arrow that shows your username. Choose the preferred status and it will display to the other users as well.
QuickBooks Messenger: How to disable it from QuickBooks POS?
If still, you do not want to use the QuickBooks messenger feature and you are looking for support to disable it on your QuickBooks financial management software, follow the given below steps:
- Go to the multi-user mode.
- And sign in as Admin.
- Now go to File and select Utilities.
- After that click on Disable QuickBooks Messenger.
- Then log out of the company file. And again log in back to save the settings.
And if you don’t want to disable QuickBooks messenger, you can just choose to close it for another user. Follow the below-given steps to do so:
Point to remember: before beginning, it is important to note that only the Admin can choose to log off a user from. Now follow the steps to close a user from your QuickBooks financial data software.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks messenger icon to launch it.
- Now click on Company and then select Chat with a Co-worker.
- Click on the Actions drop-down arrow.
- Choose Close Company File for Users.
- Pick the user you don’t want to see on QuickBooks.
- Now click on Close Company File. Then in the Confirmation window, click Yes.
Get Connected with Us:
These are the basic simple things that you can do when you are facing trouble with generating a purchase order. But if in any case, you are still facing issues and still not able to turn off QuickBooks messenger then connect with us. You can contact our QuickBooks proadvisors at Myqbpos.com on our toll-free helpline number at ✆ +1-800-274-4168 and our QB certified expert team will diagnose your problem and will resolve it instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS system with an ease and hassle free.